Pascal Carole - Meli-Moulin VDF Chenin Blanc 2022 750ml (11.5% abv)

Pascal Carole - Meli-Moulin VDF Chenin Blanc 2022 750ml (11.5% abv)

Regular price $46.00
Unit price  per 

Pascal Carole is from the French Caribbean and makes wine in Loire. "I make wine in Saumur, on an island in the middle of the Loire. The wines are made with fruit purchased from winegrowers who farm organically at minimum. The grapes are harvested with the help of friends and family—they are fermented, aged, and bottled without any additions."

Growers: Claude and Julien Mesnard
Soils: Ancient alluvium and limestone with flint

This was the first pick of my first vintage. Some things went well and some things were a lotmore complicated so it was a mix of emotions, all set to a backdrop of two beautiful old mills.

region: Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France

varietal: 100% Chenin Blanc

style: medium bodied white

farming/cellar: Certified organic (ECOCERT).  20% of the grapes were destemmed and macerated in direct press juice from the remaining 80% with gentle punchdowns daily over 14 days. After pressing, the wine was aged in stainless steel tanks for 7 months. Additional aging in the bottle for a minimum of 6 months. Unfined, unfiltered and no added sulfites.

pairing: Valençay, a pyramid of goat's cheese